You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.
The EPC Energy Survey
- Your Domestic Energy Assessor will arrange a time and date for the survey.
- The Domestic Energy Assessor will have an identification card.
- All Domestic Energy Assessors are CRB checked for peace of mind.
- The EPC survey is a visual inspection only and should cause no disruption to your home.
- All data collected will be 100% secure at all times.
Actual Energy Performance Survey
- The Domestic Energy Assessor will take up to 1 hour to complete the survey. (Dependant on size and details of the property).
- During the Survey the Assessor will need access to all parts of your home for information about, construcion and insulation, heating, water and lighting.
- Photographic evidence will be required during the Survey, such as Heating system, (boiler and hot water tank), fires, access to loft for insulation photo, depth of brickwork (this is normally through open door or window and all elevations of the house etc.
- A floor plan of the house will be drawn showing the heat loss perimeter and height of floors.
- The owner / occupier will be asked basic questions about the property which will,
- Save time during the survey.
- Help to get the assessment accurate.
- Ask for any certificates for Cavity wall insulation, loft insulation and double glazing, to ensure the assessment is accurate.
- The Survey will cause no disruption ( NO drilling or lifting boards).
EPC if you're selling your house
If you are thinking of marketing your house for sale, you will by law now require an (EPC) Energy Performance Certificate. You now have a legal obligation to have an EPC. Click below for more information.
Find out more >>
EPC if you're renting your house
If you are thinking of marketing your house to rent, you will by law now require an (EPC) Energy Performance Certificate. You now have a legal obligation to have an EPC. Click below for more information. .
Find out more >>